Assertive or Aggressive? Assertiveness Skills for Executives, Managers, Supervisors and HR Professionals
This training session teaches how to communicate more assertively and effectively. During the webinar, you will learn how to ask for information without seeming combative. Plan how to identify and present your options or opinions without arguing positions. You will also learn how to handle the 4 most common and troublesome "assertiveness required" situations in the workplace; negotiations, emergencies, conflicts, and speaking in groups.
Objectives of the Presentation
- Understand the benefits of being assertive
- Understand the difference between being aggressive and being assertive
- Keeping passive-aggressive behavior from causing you to lose your credibility
- Understand the gender differences in demonstrating assertiveness
- Learn how to project a more powerful image through nonverbal communication
- Learn how to set expectations and boundaries to improve your credibility within the organization
Why Should you Attend
Do you dread asking for what you want in negotiations?
Do you often replay your workday, wondering if you said or did the right thing?
Do you agonize about determining if you are seen as assertive, and what is seen as aggressive?
Do you feel underappreciated, discouraged, powerless, most days at work? Do you feel annoyed that no one ever seems to take you seriously? Or worse, takes advantage of you? Do you feel that when you do try to stand up for yourself that you go overboard? Do you wait until you are totally fed up… and then have a melt down?
If you have trouble in the workplace with speaking and asserting yourself with self-confidence and professionalism, attend this webinar to learn how to value, celebrate and maximize your communication style to be as successful as you deserve to be in any workplace. You will learn how to handle the 4 most common and troublesome "assertiveness required" situations in the workplace; negotiations, emergencies, conflicts, and speaking in groups. You will also learn how to ask for information without seeming combative. Plan how to identify and present your options or opinions without arguing positions. Best of all, go home at the end of the day knowing you handled your day appropriately, confidently and competently and enjoy your time off without spoiling that time ruminating over the day's details and interactions.
- What exactly is assertive? How much is enough and how much is too much? Where is the line and what is is the difference?
- Managing emotional pressure - how to handle your cool at work when everyone else is losing theirs
- Dealing with people who "push your buttons"
- Tips for speaking in groups or in public to assure a confident impression
- Maximizing your natural communication differences to your advantage in solving problems, during conflicts, in negotiations and thorny situations
- Informational inquiry vs adversarial battle
- Strong communication skills: Active listening and assertive speaking
- Overcoming fear of negotiation
- Staying off the people and staying on the problem
- Aiming for a win/win outcome without giving up too much
Who will Benefit
- Business Owners
- VPs, Directors
- Managers, HR, Generalists, HR, Branch Managers Store Managers
- Supervisors, Project managers, Team leaders